Whole Wheat Quick Bread
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It is a thick, dense bread that is nice served warm. This is the recipe I followed, but you could probably add sunflowers seeds, flax, or chia seed. I made mine vegan using agave nectar and soy. Fresh (and healthy) bread in about 30 minutes!
- 1¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs. honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk (or soymilk)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grind oatmeal in a food processor or blender. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in vegetable oil then stir in the milk.
- Combine both mixtures and stir until a soft dough is formed. Form the dough into a ball and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped.