Israeli Couscous with Apples, Cranberries, & Walnuts
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 red delicious apple (diced)
- 1 granny smith apple (diced)
- ¼ cup red onion (diced)
- ½ cup shredded carrot (chopped)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil the couscous in water (it cooks very similar to pasta).
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate ½ an hour so all flavors can blend.
- A big hit in the summer when you show up to a barbecue with a big bowl full – most people have never seen Israeli Cous Cous before so everyone will want to try it!
Original recipe for Israeli Couscous from Café 71 at Hyatt Center in downtown Chicago.